TOKINA ATX-I 11-16MM F/2.8 CF Lens
- IN STOCK
- Calculated at Checkout
The TOKINA ATX-I 11-16MM F2.8 CF Canon EOS wide-angle zoom opens up a whole new world of imaging possibilities. Constant F2.8 aperture provides excellent edge-to-edge sharpness and resolution. This lens is designed for use with APS-C DSLRs, offering an effective focal length range of approximately 16-24mm full-frame equivalent - and it hits all the marks for photographers and videographers who want to take advantage of exciting wide-angle visual potential.
The re-designed lens is constructed of 13 elements in 11 groups, including two aspherical elements, a 'large' aspherical P-MO element and two all-glass moulded low dispersion (SD) elements that work together to try to eliminate chromatic and spherical aberration. Minimized distortion and excellent edge-to-edge resolution and contrast with minimal light fall-off are other video-friendly optical characteristics of this lens.
True to traditions, Tokina incorporated a lot of metal parts inside the lens for a reassuring built quality and long time utilization in different shooting conditions. The sophisticated exterior design is specifically developed to match the design of contemporary DSLR cameras. Precise attention was also paid to zoom and focus ring rotation amount with no play and tight dampening. The overall length of the Tokina atx-i 11-16mm F2.8 CF does not change when focusing and zooming thanks to internal focus construction.
The focus mechanism has also been updated to a One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism that allows you to get a “real” manual focus feel by “snapping” the focus ring back toward the camera. Once in MF mode, users are promised: “an authentic tactile MF feel with hard stops on either side of the focus range like traditional manual lenses.” As an added bonus, the directionality of the focus ring will match your other Canon and Nikon lenses.
Other features include a nine-blade aperture diaphragm, a 77mm front filter thread and a minimum focusing distance of 30cm.
Key Features of the TOKINA ATX-I 11-16MM F2.8 CF Canon EOS
- Ultra-wide 11-16mm focal length | Ideal for shooting landscapes, interiors, nightscapes, and group shots
- Constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 | Great performance in low light shooting, exceptional depth of field control and easy manual management.
- Excellent optical performance | Edge-to-edge sharpness, reduced flares and ghosting & excellent contrast.
- Internal Focus | No problems with lens balancing and using graduated or polarizing filters.
- Water-repellent coating | NEW Easy to wipe and maintain the front element clean
- One-touch Focus Clutch mechanism | Easy AF/MF switching without interruption of the shooting process
- Two aspherical elements, including one large-diameter moulded element, help control spherical aberrations and distortions for sharper, more accurate rendering.
- Two SD low dispersion elements control colour fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for greater clarity and colour accuracy.
- Multi-coated elements suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
Advanced Optical Design
The new Tokina atx-i 11-16mm F2.8 CF incorporates a complex optical design, with 13 elements in 11 groups. Using 2 aspherical lenses including a large aspherical P-MO element and 2 all-glass moulded Low-Dispersion (SD) elements, the lens effectively suppresses chromatic and spherical aberrations. The front element provides super-low distortion and low light fall-off for straight lines and minimal exposure vignetting. Perfect for architectural, landscape, astrophotographers, and cinematographers.
Anti-reflective multi-layer coating improves light transmission and minimizes reflections while water-repellent coating makes wiping and cleaning the surface of the front glass element easier.
Optimized For Video Content Production
- Wide cinematic angle enough to feel confident in small places.
- Minimized focus breathing – the subject framing does not show any change with focus adjustment.
- Natural footage - the image is not distorted while panning due to almost zero distortion performance.
- Constant aperture helps when using zoom while you are filming.