Terms and Conditions
Double Bay Camera Shop Terms and Conditions of Sale (January 2014)
This website is owned and operated by Double Bay Camera ShopDouble Bay Camera ShopShop 2, Roma Arcade413-417 New South Head RoadDouble Bay, Sydney NSW 2028Tel: (02) 9327 4481 Fax: (02) 9363 4148 Website Content
- Double Bay Camera Shop may, at any time, add or remove content from this website without notice.
- Although Double Bay Camera Shop uses its best endeavours to confirm the accuracy of any information published on this website, you agree that we cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies or errors caused by incorrect information supplied to us by manufacturers or suppliers. You agree to make your own enquiries to verify information provided and to assess the suitability of products before you purchase.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. In an effort to protect your personal information, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology with 128 bit encryption. If your browser supports SSL (most current browsers do), it will automatically encrypt the information you provide to us on the secure pages on our site, before sending it over the Internet.
Double Bay Camera Shop accepts payments over 128-bit SSL encryption, ensuring its security.
Online payments are handled by TNS and PayPal. Double Bay Camera Shop does not store your credit card or banking details. Please check the www.tnsi.com and paypal.com.au websites for details of their privacy policies and security measures.
Privacy and Personal Information
The privacy of your personal information is very important to Double Bay Camera Shop. Double Bay Camera Shop may collect personal information directly from you when you register as a member of the website, when you place an order, or when you contact us. Personal information may include your name, residential and/or postal address, telephone number and email address.
Your personal information is not collected if you only browse this website. You agree that Double Bay Camera Shop may use your email address to send you messages concerning your membership account, any orders you place and information about the products sold via the website that Double Bay Camera Shop thinks may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please let us know and Double Bay Camera Shop will respect your request. You also agree that Double Bay Camera Shop may contact you by telephone to arrange delivery or collection of your order.
You may request Double Bay Camera Shop to remove your personal information from its database by emailing the Sales@doublebaycamerashop.com.au
By accessing and/or using the website, you accept these terms and agree to be bound by them, and an agreement is formed between Double Bay Camera Shop and you.
These Terms may be amended at any time without notice and your access to this website may be terminated at any time without notice. Your continued use of the website following such amendment of these Terms will represent an agreement by you to be bound by these Terms as amended. We recommend you review the terms for amendments each time you use the website and before placing any order. Should we choose to provide you with notice of amended terms, you agree to receive email notification of the amendments from us.
Links to Other Websites
- Doublebaycamerashop.com.au may contain links to other websites, contents or resources, which are owned or operated by third parties. These linked websites are not under our control and the Publisher is not responsible for the operation, availability or contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website.
- Please choose carefully as refunds are not normally provided where you have simply changed your mind, made a wrong selection or simply found the item cheaper elsewhere. We recommend you carefully preview any proposed orders before adding them to your shopping cart and proceeding with your order.
- Customer and Double Bay Camera Shop may enter into a contract for the sale and supply of products by customer making an offer via the website to purchase a product at the price advertised on the website by:
- Customer must provide us with details about themselves, which are true, current and correct.
- Credit card details supplied to us by the customer must be true, current and correct
- Placing an electronic order for the products using the website.
- Customer confirming the order details in accordance with the procedure on the website.
- Customer making payment in full (plus any applicable delivery charges) on the website.
- The acceptance of that offer by Double Bay Camera Shop.
- If your order is not accepted by Double Bay Camera Shop, we will notify you by telephone or email and arrange for a full refund of any payment made by you to be processed.
- Double Bay Camera Shop may, in its sole and absolute discretion, accept or reject any offer made by you for any reason (or no reason), including an error in the advertised price for, or description of, the products on the website, or an error in your order.
Price and Payment
- Prices shown are in Australian dollars and include GST where applicable. Prices may not include delivery and handling charges. Prices are subject to change.
- All payments must be made in full prior to delivery.
- Payments must be made via the TNS or PayPal secure payment gateway facilities accessible via the website and will be subject to any terms and conditions of these providers.
Supply and Delivery
- Subject to you complying with these Terms and acceptance of your order by Double Bay Camera Shop, we will sell and supply the products to you as shown on your order confirmation.
- Products may not be available for immediate delivery. Double Bay Camera Shop will endeavour to deliver your order to you within ten (10) days of the date you placed your order.
- When you complete your order you will be prompted to select whether you wish to collect your order from the Double Bay Camera Shop or to have the order delivered to an address specified by you.
- If Double Bay Camera Shop gives you notice that it will be unable to deliver your order within 10 business days of receipt of your order, due to lack of stock, you may cancel your order without charge, and Double Bay Camera Shop will arrange for a full refund of any payment made by you to be processed.
Delivery by Australia Post (Register Post)
Delivery is by Australia Post Regular service and delivery is as per their schedule and is not controlled or estimated by us and commences from the time of pick up and maybe subject to delays from causes beyond our control.
- On acceptance of your order by Double Bay Camera Shop, your order will be dispatched to your specified delivery address generally within 2-10 business days of the date you placed your order. Delivery time depends on geographical distance from our Store.
- The terms of this clause apply where you select to have your goods delivered to a specified address.
- The delivery address must be an address within Australia and cannot be a freight forwarding location. Deliveries cannot be made to PO Boxes.
- We do not deliver overseas.
- If you order large or bulky items, Double Bay Camera Shop will contact you by telephone or email to arrange with you a suitable time for delivery.
- You will be required to be available in person to accept delivery of your order.
- If you wish to change the delivery date or delivery address you must contact Double Bay Camera Shop at least 48 hours prior to the dispatch of your order.
- Double Bay Camera Shop cannot and will not accept responsibility for delivery failures or delays by our third party delivery contractor
- Without exception, once delivery has been taken your order becomes your sole responsibility
- The delivery cost is either $9.90 or $15.90 based on value, weight and size
- Additional charges may apply for larger parcels such as large bags, tripods and multiple products
- Recipient’s signature is required on delivery
Delivery timeframe’s table shows the expected number of business days to deliver parcels within Australia.
Orders for Collection at Double Bay Camera Shop
The terms of this clause apply where you select to collect your order from Double Bay Camera Shop. If you select to collect your goods from Double Bay Camera Shop, we will contact you by telephone or email to notify you when the order is available for collection.
Orders for collection at the Store must be collected within 5 business days. Double Bay Camera Shop will give you notice by telephone or by email that your order is available for collection. If your order is not collected within this time, Double Bay Camera Shop has the right to allocate those goods to another customer and reorder the goods for you.
When picking up your items, you are required to supply a copy of your order, photo ID and credit card used to make the purchase. (If you pay via PayPal, your credit card is not required).
PayPal and Credit Card Fraud
To the extent permitted by law, Double Bay Camera Shop will not be responsible for any damages or consequential losses (whether direct or indirect) suffered by a user where a credit card or PayPal account is fraudulently used or is used in an unauthorised manner.
If you have any query about the progress of your order please contact Double Bay Camera Shop.
Damaged Products and Refund Policy
- Returns policy
Like any other retail shop, under Consumer Protection Law, we are not obliged to accept returns for "change of mind" or if you order incorrectly.
Please choose carefully as refunds are not normally provided where you have simply changed your mind, made a wrong selection or simply found the item cheaper elsewhere.
Double Bay Camera Shop recommend you carefully preview any proposed orders before adding them to your shopping cart and proceeding with your order.
- Refund policy
We generally do not refund, return or exchange an item once it has been purchased unless the product is faulty. Any decision to refund or exchange an item is at our discretion. Please contact Double Bay Camera Shop to discuss. When you return a product, it must be in an original condition, including instruction manuals and all accessories.
At our discretion we may agree to exchange incorrectly ordered accessories. If an exchange is approved a 15% restocking fee will apply. Any freight and insurance costs to return the item to us are at your expense. This includes the liability for any lost freight so we suggest sending via registered post.
* Remember we cannot accept the return of non-faulty items from the Cameras, Lenses and other electronic categories under any circumstances.
- Damaged Products
Please inspect delivery products and if you notice damage to a product after delivery, then you should refuse to take receipt of that Product and notify us immediately.
Remember you need to provide us proof of purchase by producing the original Tax Invoice and suitable ID to identify you as the original purchaser.
If any product ordered by you arrives damaged you may have:
- Rights under the Refund Policy and must be reported within 2 business days.
- Details of the fault or issue with the product and that the fault or issue was not caused by you.
- Change with an equivalent product or credit the price paid, at our discretion.
- Upon return of any product, if damage claim is found by manufacturer testing to be an error on your behalf, you will be expected to pay postage before item is returned.