Sigma APO MACRO 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens
- Calculated at Checkout
The Sigma APO MACRO 150mm Lens includes a new OS design offering the latest optical technology. A floating focusing system moves two different lens groups in the optical path to different positions. This system compensates for astigmatic aberration and spherical aberration and provides extremely high optical performance from infinity to 1:1 Macro.
Three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide excellent correction of all types of aberrations and the Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting. This lens has superior peripheral brightness and provides sharp, high contrast images even at the maximum apertures.
Equipped with Sigma's proprietary OS (Optical Stabiliser) function, this lens offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures quiet and high speed autofocus as well as full-time manual focus capability. This lens has a rounded 9 blade diaphragm creating a smooth blur to the out of focus areas of the image. It is also possible to use this lens with Sigma's optional APO Tele Converters.
- Close focus capability of 38 cm, with 1:1 magnification
- Three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements control various color aberrations and assure high image quality
- Offers Sigma's OS System (Optical Stabilization) allowing handheld photography even in low-light situations
- Hyper Sonic Motor HSM provides ultra quiet high-speed autofocusing as well as full-time manual focus override
- Splash-proof feature protects the lens from the effects of harsh weather conditions
- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 225mm with most cameras